- Här samlar vi information om hanteringen av coronapandemin, råden och restriktionerna, vaccinering med mera.
The Swedish emergency preparedness system aims to protect life and health, critical infrastructure and fundamental values from all types of hazards.
You can read more about the Swedish crisis management structure on the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency’s website msb.se.
Crisis preparedness at the local level
The responsibility for civil emergency planning is managed by three different levels of government: national, regional, and local. The local level is the municipality, e.g. Vännäs.
Vännäs Municipality has a crisis management organization in place and preparedness for handling extraordinary events. This is achieved through continuous work with risk and vulnerability analyses, preparedness/contingency plans and training. Much focus is also placed on “samverkan”, i.e. collaboration and cooperation with other actors in the region, such as the County Administrative Board of Västerbotten and neighboring municipalities.
In case of a major emergency, the municipality’s website will be used to provide information about the event, along with practical advice to the public. Crisis information will also be communicated through our official social media channels, such as Facebook.
You can also access information the following ways:
- Through a so called Viktigt meddelande till allmänheten, an important message to the public. Announcements will be broadcast on radio and/or TV.
- Via the national information number 113 13. You can call this number to receive, and give, information.
- On the website krisinformation.se. Krisinformation.se also has a mobile app that you can install on your phone. Through the app, you will be provided with information about crises in your area.
- On Sveriges Radio P4, Radio Västerbotten (frequency 103,6 MHz)
- In situations where electronic communication is down, information will be spread through other means, such as flyers or notice boards.
A POSOM-group provides psychological and social care for those involved in a crisis situation, primarily for physically uninjured or indirectly affected people. The POSOM-group can set up support centers or provide support in other locations, such as in schools or homes.
In Vännäs, the POSOM-group consists of representatives from several municipal departments, the county council, first responders and faith communities.
Voluntary resource group
The municipality collaborates with Frivilliga Resursgruppen (FRG), a voluntary resource group in Vännäs. FRG can assist with transports, handing out water, information dissemination and other practical tasks in case of a major emergency.